Twitter Success for Law Schools
Twitter is a powerful social media tool for lawyerprenuers, law firms, companies and educational institutions. In fact, developing a thoughtful social media strategy that includes tools like Twitter and Facebook is a great way to interact with students, develop meaningful relationships with alumni and supporters while also facilitating student – alumni connections.
Twitter is a particularly useful way to interact with students, alumni and faculty. This tools allows you to build a following that attracts prospective students, engages alumni and can generate media attention. For starters, law schools can use Twitter to:
- Tweet an application tip of the day during the season the application season;
- Tweet interesting and fun facts about student life and campus life throughout the year;
- Tweet campus visit tips during the season that students are visiting the campus for admitted students day;
- Tweet student activities updates throughout the year;
- Tweet career services updates throughout the year;
- Tweet interview tips for public service and private practice throughout the year;
- Tweet business building tips throughout the year for those students interested in launching their own law and other businesses;
- Tweet alumni highlights throughout the year;
- Tweet faculty publications, awards and recognitions throughout the year;
- Tweet student publications, awards and recognitions throughout the year; and
- Tweet interesting school trivia throughout the year.
As you can see from the starter list above, Twitter is an excellent way to build a sense of community within a law school's student body and maintain a line of communication with alumni. The tips listed here are just the tip of the iceberg!
Expect the Best!