Leverage Your Practice with YouTube
YouTube can be a powerful tool for your business development toolbox. Here are 5 ways to get started:
1. Add a message to the body of your YouTube channel asking users to subscribe to your channel. Inspire subscriptions by letting users know what types of videos to expect and how frequently they can expect them.
2. Add a message in the description section of every video that reminds viewers to subscribe to your channel for updates about new videos.
3. Add a short message to your actual video using the YouTube annotation tool. Remind viewers to subscribe to your channel for updates about new videos.
4. Send friend requests to others in the YouTube community making a positive comment about their channel and asking them to subscribe to your channel. Make the request to subscribe to your channel appealing by sharing what people can expect when they become a subscriber to your channel. Let folks know how often you will post and what kind of content will you share.
5. Subscribe to popular channels that are related to your practice areas and target industries. Make positive comments on the walls of these channels. Becoming an active subscriber on related YouTube channels increases your visibility and supports building important relationships with online influencers.
6. Include a link to your YouTube channel in your email signature, social media profiles, print correspondence and electronic correspondence.
7. Post new videos on a consistent basis. One of the most powerful ways to leverage the power of YouTube is to continuously create and post content. The more content you post, the more opportunities people have to see you as an expert. This will lead to an increase in the demand for your services.
Now that you know what to do, it's time to launch into action. Leave a comment to let us know how it goes. We'd love to hear about the results you'll get from implementing the tips shared in the posts.
Expect the Best!
~Tasha “TC” Cooper
Tasha (TC) Cooper, Esq. is the founder of the LawyersLaunchpad™ – an online education and training portal for lawyers – and president of UpwardAction® – an online reputation management and social marketing consultancy. She is also a social media lawyer.
As a social media early adopter and innovative thinker, TC launched LawyersLaunchpad™ in 2011 and grew to become a recognized leader in the areas of social marketing and online advertising for the legal profession.
TC been engaged by businesses and government agencies that include: National Aeronautics and Space Administration ( NASA), Wall Street Project Economic Summit, Rutgers University, Levin Institute Kauffman and FastTrac Programs and the Maryland Bar Association, and numerous individual attorneys, consultants, and small firms. TC is also a frequent instructor on social media, online reputation management and digital technology topics for the D.C. Bar Association.